Monday, January 11, 2010

Finding Joy in Life

Sometimes I feel like I could end up in a place like this with all the madness work, people, and life so generously provide.


Then I have to remember:

"You are here on earth for a divine purpose. It is not to be endlessly entertained or to be constantly in full pursuit of pleasure. You are here to be tried, to prove yourself so that you can receive the additional blessings God has for you. The tempering effect of patience is required. Some blessings will be delivered here in this life; others will come beyond the veil. The Lord is intent on your personal growth and development. That progress is accelerated when you willingly allow Him to lead you through every growth experience you encounter, whether initially it be to your individual liking or not. When you trust in the Lord, when you are willing to let your heart and your mind be centered in His will, when you ask to be led by the Spirit to do His will, you are assured of the greatest happiness along the way and the most fulfilling attainment from this mortal experience. If you question everything you are asked to do, or dig in your heels at every unpleasant challenge, you make it harder for the Lord to bless you. Your agency, the right to make choices, is not given so that you can get what you want. This divine gift is provided so that you will choose what your Father in Heaven wants for you. That way He can lead you to become all that He intends you to be. That path leads to glorious joy and happiness."

Finding Joy in Life by Elder Richard G. Scott

4 comments:

jet said...

Do you think they'd give you a bed? ;)

Gawdun said...

I already check in to a place 3 times a week like this because of them same reasons. You can join me when ever you need to. I like to run at the walls and bounce off it helps... ;-)

Rachel M. said...

Sweet, I'm there!!!

Sarra said...

Awesome post!!