Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"There's more than one way in besides the front door"

After checking my email just about every minute yesterday in hopes of some good news about the shoe drop in Africa, the winners were finally posted online last night...and sadly I was not one of them. One of the winners had a good essay, and the other winner had submitted a video which I personally am still trying to figure out why he won, especially when the committee posted this:

"If you thought writing your essay submission for the TOMS + Element Shoe Drop sweepstakes was tough, imagine the pressure we have faced over the past weeks combing through amazing entry after amazing entry… after amazing entry. If there was any way we could swing taking 1,200 people on the Shoe + Board Drop in South Africa this October, we would in a heart beat… but the finance department might have a heart attack. After hours of reading every single essay and watching the incredible videos on YouTube, we are left inspired, moved, and grateful for all the passionate support all of the contestants have shown for TOMS, Element, and the One for One movement. You guys really did NOT make selecting a winner easy! We shared your words with our colleagues, pulled quotes that we’ve posted on our desktops, and shaken our heads in amazement for the gentle way some people have transcribed their emotion in to words."

I know that I really want to be involved with TOMS Shoes, so I'm working on plan B...getting in contact with those that already work there. My dad said it perfectly when he said, "there's more than one way in besides the front door."

1 comment:

Jennifer Rose said...

Good Luck! I hope it will all work out for you!