Monday, August 31, 2009

President Eyring


Oh I just love that man. I was able to hear President Eyring, the First Counselor of the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, speak yesterday. He is one of my favorites and here are some of the things I got from his talk:

1. Find something you think about when you don't have to be (thinking about it). That is your passion in life.
2. If you care enough to try and learn, you can learn anything.
3. Pay the price to really understand things.
4. Your capacity to understand and apply principles is education.
5. Education is not about what you know, but what you do.
6. Have a feeling that there will be people to help you and forces to help you learn.
7. Work hard and help will come.
8. There are people that know real determination when they see it. (Make it evident in you).
9. If you want to be a life-long learner, be a life-long teacher.
10. See leadership opportunities as opportunities to serve others.
11. To really understand something, teach someone.
12. You have a moral obligation to care for others, that's common sense.
13. Take your own life seriously...keep a journal.
14. Your children will become what they are because you became what you are.
15. When you find out who you really are and your obligation to others, you will find out you have limitless potential.
16. Find out who you are and pass it on.

3 comments:

Lyndi said...

Love your list. My notes were to sloppy to read and yours were already typed so I stole them :) Thanks!

Daisy said...

Wow Pach. That was deep. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm going to be coming back to this soon and seeing how I can make it work in my life. Thanks!

Brookiespot said...

loooovveee it!!! thanks for your notes, i think i'm going to have to steal them. ;0