Saturday, April 24, 2010

I'm going to Nepal....


I have the opportunity of going to Nepal from October 29 to November 7, 2010 to participate in a humanitarian service project. Two humanitarian organizations (Singular Humanitarian and Choice Humanitarian) have partnered together to assist the people of Nepal.

I will be participating in a building project (water system, small health center, or eco-latrines) as well as teaching workshops about finances, health and education. The ultimate goal is to help the people to help themselves and to improve their way of living.

Nepal is located between India and China and is home to Mount Everest and Buddha. It is the only country to have a non-rectangular flag and half the population lives below the poverty line.

Each volunteer has been asked to raise funds to help provide materials necessary for the building projects. I invite you to read more about this service opportunity on my fundraising website and appreciate any donations Thank you.

http://www.nepal2010.myevent.com/

No comments: