Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thank you Sue from Arizona!

The last 3 days...best days ever! The organized person in me needed to find out all about the organization where I work from the first day I started. If I am to start new programs and bring people to this campus, I have to know what all is going on. Long story short (see "The joys of working with people that are stuck in tradition")...the more I looked into it, the more frustrated I got from how unorganized and chaotic things were. So I attempted to find out how things were organized and be pro-active about new ideas that would benefit everyone, which lead to 1. being chewed out for trying to do so, and 2. me realizing I was up against an army. Thanks to these last 3 days and Sue from Arizona...vital people on campus were able to participate in a 3-day marketing workshop where a professional in strategic marketing was able to come and basically present and work through everything I've been trying to do since I started here last May. It's exciting to know that more people are on the same page and working towards the same goals, and that I also have strategic marketing skills that I didn't even know I had. This is definitely a work in progress that will take a lot of time and patience, but at least I won't get chewed out anymore because it's my job as an official marketing committee member now...that's a major plus.

5 comments:

Gibb Family said...

Yea for other smart people! and not to be chewed out anymore.

Jennifer Rose said...

That is so exciting!

Kyle and Kim said...

Yippee! Hooray! Good luck in continuare!

Erin said...

Hi Rachel! I found your blog on Jodie's. It looks like you are doing well. I will be checking back often! Check us out at: www.theespnzone.blogspot.com
-Erin (Smith) Neville

Melerella said...

That's right market genius!